TOTEME is looking for a Ready-to-wear Designer to join the Stockholm office full time. In this role, you will design across all ready-to-wear categories for four yearly seasons plus capsules, following the direction of the Design Director and the Co-Founder. You will work within our design team and will report to the Design Director.
- Take part in the research, development, design, and fulfilment of ready-to-wear flow, tailoring, and outerwear following briefs set out by the Design Director
- Develop pre and main collections along with seasonal capsules.
- Ensure design proposals are relevant to the brand’s aesthetic values and business needs
- Communicate and illustrate ideas through sketching, Computer-Aided Design (CAD), and draping
- Create and update technical sketches throughout the design process
- Maintain a strong awareness of seasonal fabric selections and participate in the Fabric-to-Style (FTS) process
- Participate and follow up on the fitting of all ready-to-wear styles, ensuring modifications and changes are communicated to the wider team
- Provide detailed instructions on finishing and construction for all ready-to-wear styles prior to the launch of Salesman Samples (SMS)
- Work closely with the Product Development, Pattern, and Collection Management teams
- Support the Design Director with the preparation of all workshops, fittings, and wider team meetings
- 4+ years working as a designer within the fashion industry
- A bachelor's or master’s degree in design or a similar subject
- Knowledge of Adobe programs (mainly Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Have a creative mindset, propose ideas and offer solutions
- Have a strong taste level with an eye for detail
- Be highly organised
- Understand and embrace TOTEME’s culture and values
- Strong team-player with a positive outlook
- Self-motivated, responsible, confident
This is a full time position based at TOTEME's Stockholm office with an immediate start.