Visual Merchandising Manager
TOTEME is a Swedish fashion house founded in 2014 by Elin Kling and Karl Lindman. From the studio in Stockholm, the label explores the appeal of a modern uniform throughdistinct design cues, meticulous craftsmanship and methodic repetition. TOTEME is a conscious label committed to making decisions that work in favor of people, animals and the Planet.
TOTEME is looking for a Visual Merchandising Manager to join our team in Stockholm full-time. In this role you will set and lead TOTEME’s in-store visual agenda across global markets to ensure a consistent client journey. Your primary focus will be to align strategic planning and ensure that any high-priority campaigns and launches are incorporated into our visual displays. You will work within the Retail team and collaborate with the Brand, Marketing, and Buying teams.
- Analyze inventory and sales data to inform product placement in-store and decisions that drive sales.
- Develop and lead the visual merchandising (VM) strategy across our global stores, ensuring consistency in visual display, brand identity and storytelling.
- Create and continuously develop general guidelines that address the needs of each product category to engage and inspire our clients.
- Oversee the store layout, product placement, furniture arrangement, lighting fixtures and jewelry display.
- Collaborate with the Retail Development Lead to incorporate VM ideas into the stores overall design.
- Develop new initiatives with the Production and Buying teams to continuously assess and improve our visual identity and adapt the visual display to local and/or commercial needs.
- Partner with the Global Training and Excellence Manager to establish clear VM standards to guide and train store teams.
- Collaborate with the Ecommerce and Marketing teams to coordinate special product releases, collection launches, and product pushes.
- Develop and oversee visuals and budgets for VM and window displays in collaboration with the Marketing team.
- Plan display strategies according to collection themes, inbound deliveries, location and store capacity.
- Participate in and contribute to TOTEME’s social and environmental sustainability strategy.
- Bachelor's degree in Visual Merchandising, Fashion, Design, or a related field.
- Experience in Visual Merchandising within the luxury fashion industry, in a leading role.
- Proven record of ability to take ownership of a brand's creative vision.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach and inspire a team, driving innovation and excellence.
- Hands-on experience with a range of design tools and programs, including Adobe Photoshop, In-Design, and a portfolio to share.
- Proficiency in information technology (IT) and computer-aided design (CAD).
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Strong understanding of luxury retail and fashion industry trends.
- Understand and embrace TOTEME culture values and the ability to translate them into visual storytelling.
- A strong visual eye and attention to detail across global markets to drive VM strategies effectively.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
This is a full-time position based at TOTEME's Stockholm office, starting December 2023.
TOTEME stands against any form of discrimination and strives to be an inclusive brand and workplace. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, or disability.